Evolution Request Thread Apr 29, 2015 13:59:01 GMT -5
Post by Deleted on Apr 29, 2015 13:59:01 GMT -5
Evolution Request Thread
All evolution requests that require multiple posts and threads to be linked can be thrown into this thread.
Once you've posted your Evo Proof, make a the mod summons as you typically would.
How Do I Evolve My Pokemon?
There are currently 4 Methods to go about evolving your Pokemon on EPOCH, however all of them share two common factors. Members must show genuine effort when evolving their Pokemon, and the Pokemon must be the focus in one way or another of the posts they use for Evo Proof. Members may also combine the following methods as well.
1. Battling - Whether it be facing off against Mod Created NPCs, Mod Spawned Wild Pokemon, or battling other members, the most common means to showing a Pokemon is ready to evolve is to have them battle against other Pokemon. Catch Threads, Modded Missions, and simply Battling other members can provide the necessary proof to evolve with this method.
2. Training - Aside from Pokemon League Gyms, the Pokemon world is also filled with normal gyms in which trainers can focus on teaching their Pokemon specific moves and going through the motions of practicing and perfecting certain strategies, accuracy and battle styles. Training threads do not have to take place inside of gyms though, as they can be done pretty much anywhere that has the room for it. These threads can also be used to show proof that a Pokemon was trained to understand a character's original style of giving out their orders, like hand signals, whistles, clicks, and so on. Ways to go about training could involve sending Pokemon through obstacle courses, racing each other, beating up punching bags, using the same move a few times to practice controlling it, etc. For the best results, combining Training and Battling is recommended.
- Those that don't battle can also plot with other members that are more battle oriented to have them train their Pokemon for them. So say Member A wants to evolve their Croagunk, but doesn't want to write out battles or have the time for it. Member B however has time to spare, and loves writing battles, so Member A asks Member B to train the Croagunk for them. They can use this as plot potential for their characters, as B helps train A's Pokemon, or A can pay B. This can also be used for the other methods.
- Another way of evolving Pokemon using the main battling system is the fact that there are characters that flat out do not want to battle, or they're at a point in their plot where they can't just go out and battle all willy nilly, but need to evolve a Pokemon to proceed. In this case, if a member is alright with writing battles, they may use a NPC in order to handle the required experience / proof of training, to evolve their Pokemon. For example; the NPCs are simply gender bent Lucas and Jerry, but the aim for this thread is for Jerry's Spearow, Jack, to get enough experience and demonstrate enough battle knowledge to evolve so Jerry can use him as a Fearow in a crucial moment of the plot.
3. Performances - Perhaps the preferred method for Coordinators, they do not have to wait for a Contest to use this Method. Coordinators are actively in pursuit of fame and in that case, will often times be able to create their own shows and performances through Nue with their Pokemon. They could be hired by businesses to promote and bring attention to certain stores, be called in as entertainment for parties, put on shows in rented out theaters, etc. As long as the Pokemon that needs the proof to evolve is a highlight of the show, rather than a passing star, it could allow a Coordinator to evolve their Pokemon without getting involved in combat. Combining Training and Performances is recommended.
4. Friendship - One of the more difficult methods, but still doable, the Pokemon you desire to evolve with evidence of Friendship will need to have at least a couple of threads in which they and the trainer interact frequently and show that they are clearly very close friends. Whether it be them on an adventure together, the Pokemon helping the trainer navigate the terrain, overcome an obstacle, or protecting them, or the trainer starting to seemingly understand their Pokemon despite the fact they can't truly speak to each other, these threads need to show that the Pokemon and Trainer are indeed very close to each other. Pokemon that actually evolve based on friendship will have an easier time being evolved with this method, however other Pokemon such as those like the malevolent Spiritomb or mischievous ghost types in general may be a bit harder to evolve in this case. Threads in which both Pokemon and trainer develop based upon their interactions with each other would be ideal.
[b]Name:[/b] Character Name goes here.
[b]Pokemon:[/b] The Pokemon you are trying to evolve.
[b]Method(s):[/b] Which of the four methods are you using?
[b]Threads:[/b] Link all of your threads here. Please try to keep it simple and neat.
[b]Notes:[/b] Anything else you feel needs to be added?